Frequently Asked Question
- I don’t understand the different types of bedding configurations. Can I get an explanation on this?
Bedding configuration is the different types of bed options in a particular room type. Eg: Deluxe rooms can accommodate 1 King size bed, 2 twin/single bed or 1 King size and 1 single bed. You can choose the bedding configurations based on your need in the room type you choose.
- If the hotel that I like does not have rooms available on my traveling date, what should I do?
You may contact us to find out the availability. We will only be able to do this at least 5 working days before your stay date. Please bear in mind that there is a possibility that the hotel is full on that particular date but we will endeavor to find you a room accommodation.
- Are your rates per person or per room?
Both. You may find both rates for per person or per room, depending on the hotel offer.
- Will it be cheaper if I book directly through the hotel?
That will be unlikely because we provide you with the best rates guaranteed given by our partner hotels.
- How many days in advance should I book for a room in your website?
If the dates you picked is available, you can book way ahead of time. If you plan to do a last minute booking, you can also check if there is any offer available for the date you have selected. In most cases, you will be able to book the room. As long as there are rooms available, considered you reservation guaranteed!
- Are all rates inclusive of breakfast?
It depends on the offer given by the hotel. If it states that breakfast is included, then your booking will surely include that.
- How can I review a hotel?
All our reviews are based on guests who booked through our website and stayed in the hotel. You will receive an email to review the hotel after you have stayed there.
- What is the hotel policy for children?
- It differs from hotel to hotel. It is advisable for you to review the hotel’s policies from the hotel’s webpage.
- Where do you get the hotel’s rating?
From the hotel directly. This may change if we find that the service offered by the hotel is not indicative of their star rating.
- What are the benefits of becoming a member?
We are always on the look out for new ways to reward our loyal customers. Members can enjoy special discounts from our eVouchers section, discounted prices on tour packages, exciting prizes from our members’ only contests and many more.
- Do I get preferential treatment or automatic room upgrade as a member?
We work closely with our partner hotels to make that happen for our loyal customers.
Booking with us
- How do I book my room?
First search for room availability using the Hotel Finder according to your criteria: Country, destination, stay dates, number of rooms and number of guests. Next select hotel from list, select the desired offer, input guest details and credit card information and that’s it! Once you reached the confirmation page, your booking is confirmed. You will receive an email confirmation based on the information you enter.
- Can I make a booking over the phone?
We do not do phone bookings simply because our booking process is easy to understand and takes little time to complete. We believe that what is offered online should be done online.
- Is this an instant booking or will you get back to me within a specified duration to confirm my booking?
This is an instant booking travel site. You will receive instant confirmation on all offers available and will not require any waiting period.
- Do you send a copy of my reservation to my email address?
Yes, we do. Please ensure that you have entered the accurate email information. You will receive an email from us within 10 minutes.
- What is a booking ID for?
It is to keep track of the many reservations that come through the booking system. Please save the booking ID of your reservation as it makes it easier for you to change or cancel your booking in future.
- How can I be sure if your booking system is secure?
We understand that security is important to protect your private information. Once you have booked through us, your information will be stored on our secure server, which is not accessible to anyone. Your information is protected by the latest SSL (Secure Socket Layer) technology, which is independently certified by Trustwave SSL. Please view our Security certificate at the bottom of every page.
- What sort of special requirements can I enter in the reservation form?
You can ask for a smoking room, which hotel level you want to stay on, baby cot, etc. However, this is subject to the hotel itself and whether they are able to accommodate your request.
- What will you do with my personal information?
We strictly use your information for booking purposes only. We do not disclose personal information to any third party.
Prices & Payments
- Are taxes included in the rates?
Yes, the rates displayed are inclusive of all taxes and local surcharges. You will not be paying anything more for your room rate other than what is displayed in your booking confirmation.
- What currency will I have to pay in?
You will have to make payment in the local currency of the hotel of your choice.
- Is my credit card charged immediately?
No, it is used as a guarantee to secure your booking. You will only be charged upon check out at the hotel. We do not charge booking fees or booking amendment / cancellation fee either.
- What type of credit cards do you accept?
Depending on the hotel, they may accept most cards but most hotels will accept Visa and Mastercard. At the payment options, you will see the types of cards accepted for booking at the hotel.
- I do not have a credit card, how can I book?
Our website does not facilitate any other method of payment other than credit cards. You need to have a credit card to make a booking on our website.
- Can someone book on my behalf with their credit card? Should he be present during check-in?
Yes, you may book for someone or vice versa. You will have to indicate in the Special Request portion of the booking that payment is being made by a third party and their personal details. This is to guard against credit card fraud.
- Who do I contact if I have problems with my reservation or with the website?
You can contact us via email, live chat or by phone. You can find our contact information in the Customer Care section of this website.
- If I contact you via email, how soon will I get a reply?
You will receive a reply within 24 hours. Most of the time, we will be able to get back to you within 2 to 3 hours. Please ensure that your email address is correct for you to be able to receive our response.
- How do I know if your website is legitimate? Are you a registered business?
Spotaroom.com is wholly owned and operated by Newpulse Solutions Sdn Bhd, a registered company in Malaysia. Our company number is 691969-X. We do not collect any payment or impose any fees to our bookers. All charges are done by the hotel.
Amendment or Cancellation of reservation
- Do I have to contact you if I wish to cancel or amend my booking?
You do not need to contact us unless specified. You may make amendments or cancellations to any prior bookings via the Retrieve My Booking link located under every hotel search box in the website.
- How do I amend or cancel my reservation?
Same as the above. In addition you may also access this via a link on your confirmation email.
- If I wish to extend my stay, what should I do?
You may modify your reservation via the Retrieve My Booking option.
- Can I shorten my stay?
You may modify your reservation via the Retrieve My Booking option.
- Can I amend or cancel 1 or 2 days before my expected arrival?
You may only do so if the hotel’s cancellation policy allows you to. Please refer to the individual hotels cancellation policy on the hotels page.
- What happens if I do not show up on the day of arrival, will I still be charged?
Yes, you will be charged the first night of reservation as a no-show charge. If you will be arriving late, please call to inform the hotel directly.
- What happens to my booking if my flight is delayed?
You will have to inform the hotel directly of the flight delay. The contact details of the hotel can be found in your confirmation email.
- What do I need to produce upon arrival to prove that I have made a reservation?
Your confirmation email. Please print this confirmation email to ensure no delay or inconveniences during check in.
- What if I forgotten my booking ID or did not bring the confirmation letter?
Mention your full name stated in the booking to the hotel’s front desk and also inform them that you made a booking through Spotaroom.com. If you still encounter problems with check in, get the hotel to contact us directly to verify your booking.